Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:24:13 -0500
On 4 Jun 97 08:18:16 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>From:         janis Roihl <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      [LSTOWN-L] Review a members posts
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>I am trying to review the postings of one disruptive member on my
>unmoderated list. Is this possible?  The following seem to be the
>relevant (but contradictory?) information from the manual. I have been
>unable to connect to the WEB site or search the archives.
>
>I put the following in my header and set the member to "review" with no
>effect:
>/* editor=  owner,[log in to unmask]

I did the same thing and if I am not mistaken, I did not add anything
to the header (did not have a moderator or editor line) and it will
default to the owner, if that is you. Or I may have added just the
editor line, I am just not sure of this. But I know that for a while
we just had the editor line and it worked on 1.8c.

If you need to add something to make it work, add

*editor= [log in to unmask]

We also have this at the bottom of the header under the owner lines.
Do not put a / before the * as above. It may be that your line is fine
if you remove the /.

If this does not work, try this plus the above

*moderator=owner
or either, if you are not the owner

*moderator= [log in to unmask]

We are doing this so I know it is possible.

--
Bill Harrison