Mon, 8 Aug 1994 12:14:15 EST
I think the keyword here is the 'policy' (for commercial postings), since
in a democratic world we have to recognise that responsible and sustainable
productivity depend on information in all fields being readily available
-- to those interested.  If the information on commercial products and
information is responsible (correct, non-solicitous, and distributed only
to groups which would likely want it), where it is sent can be very
appreciative.  The problem would lie in the ideal and responsible nature
of the product or service, and in the development of 'responsible policy'
to determine the correctness of the informaiton and the distribution of the
informaiton.  If everything is CORRECT and RESPONSIBLY handled, there
can only be benefits to all concerned.  It is not the making of money
which is a social ill, it is only the irresponsible and greedy making
of money by lack of respect for the effects --- either environmental or
social, or individual.

If the whole process is governed by right motives and good quality of
workmanship, where is the problem????

All we need is an ideal society to set it all correctly in process ...
8-)
Mel
==