Thu, 2 Jan 1997 15:41:57 +1000
Dear list members,

I am seeking for some expert advise on setting up and maintaining high
volume lists.

I plan to shift an exixting 1000 members list to listserv, but want to do
it right (ie. have the right/ideal configuration setup for this sort of
lists)  This list generates around 200 messages per day.  It is a
distribution list.

I am particularly concerned regarding the best way to setup how listserv
should handle bounced mail and successfully converting a 1000 members list
to listserv format (ie creating an ADD job).  Also what functions should
you recommend I enable or disable for this sort of list (ie probe,
open-confirm subscriptions, etc).  I plan to have topics on the list too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

David