Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:32:59 -0400
>Thanks, Pete (once I disentangled the message from the html code).  I had
>suspected this might be the case.  But it wasn't clear to me why the problem
>  had only arisen in May.  Now that I think about it, though, I imagine
>that's when the subscriber started the autoforwarding.  And of course since
>the nonexistent forwarding address doesn't match the one doing the
>forwarding, LISTSERV is helpless to do anything about it.
>
>I would think it might be a good idea for LISTSERV auto-delete to send an
>owner a warning message when an address goes over the limit (4 days or 100
>bounces) and can't be deleted.  Possible?

I gather that you have Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,[...] set.  If you
use Semi-Auto instead, LISTSERV will forward any bounces for
addresses that are not actually subscribed to the mailing list to the
listowner instead of just adding them to the daily monitoring report.
This isn't exactly what you're asking for but it may do what you want.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc