Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:15:00 -0600
At 01:44 PM 7/29/1997 -0400, Philo wrote:
>I've been having fits with my mailing list at American- propagation bites
>(message take from 6-36 hours to show up, IF they show up). The newsgroup
>is set to moderated, with the mailing list set as the moderator.
>
>One thing I've noticed: the subscriber address is NOT the same as the
>moderator address:
>
>From an approved ng message:
>Comments: Gated by [log in to unmask]
>Newsgroups: bit.listserv.lawsch-l
>Comments: ********************************************************
>Comments: * The following "Approved" statement verifies header   *
>Comments: * information for gateway passage.  No approval of the *
>Comments: * content is implied.                                  *
>Comments: ********************************************************
>
>However, the address subscribed to listserv is

I doubt it.  I have seven lists gatewayed thru american.edu, and they are
all subbed as the above address.  They obviously have a routine that then
sorts them into the right newsgroups for distribution.  At the moment I'm
trying to get my lists removed from the gateway (I know I can unsub them)
and have the groups killed on the netnews side.  No use having them
continue with no content but spam.

>Is it possible that some type of screwy aliasing might cause the problems
>I'm seeing?

Well, I'm one who believes damn near anything is possible.

dan

>TIA and frustrated,
>Philo
>Finger for public key                   [log in to unmask]
>Not responsible for advice not taken.  -Larry Niven

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534