Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 May 2003 11:21:56 +1000

>I'm trying to customize the look of the ListServ web interface for a
single
>list.  Specifically, I would like to revamp the blue HTML <TABLE> that
>surrounds the entire page and take out the blue background graphic.  I
have
>been able to do this for the main archive page for my list (through the
>$WWW_ARCHIVE_HEADER template), but all the other web interface pages
remain
>unchanged in that respect.  I have searched all over but I cannot pinpoint
>where the code for this table is being generated.  If someone could kindly
>help me out I would really appreciate it.

You need to edit the List's individual style sheet.  There are several
stock style sheets included with the LISTSERV distribution and you can
control which one is loaded by editing the list's $WWW_STYLE_SHEET
template.  (Make sure you don't edit the site-wide $WWW_STYLE_SHEET
template or this will change *all* the style sheets used across your whole
site!)  If you don't want to use another of the stock colour themes you can
create your own by either altering one of the existing ones
($WWW_STYLE_SHEET_THEMEx) or creating a new one and saving it in the list's
template file with a similar name.

As always, it's highly recommended that you back up your current tamplates
before making any changes like this.  Having gone through a similar
exercise myself I also personally recommend taking copious notes at each
step so you can either backtrack from disaster or duplicate a resounding
success.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.