Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 17:20:45 -0500
Hello!

I seem to have a subscriber who, just today, has informed me that she is
recieving e-mail from multiple lists at maelstrom.stjohns.edu but the only
one of those lists she is subscribed to is mine.

I have asked her to forward to me every message she seems to have recieved in
error, and looking over all of the header information, it looks to me like
she is recieving e-mail which is not even addressed to her at all.  I presume
that listserv uses the X-To: header field to notate where individual messages
should be directed to the subscribers, and in every message she sent me, the

I should add that she is only recieving e-mails from maelstrom.stjohns.edu
and I am CC'ind this message to [log in to unmask] as a
result.

I can forward a sample error message if any of you think it might be helpfu
to determine the problem, but they all seem to look very similar in form.  It
does not appear to be a problem at her end because it seems that these e-mails
are not even beiung directed to her mail provider, but are somehow winding up
in her mailbox nonetheless.

Anyu help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn Alperin

One who refuses to speak has refused to have a voice.
One who refuses to have a voice will surely be forgotten.
And one who has been forgotten is never allowed to speak.

Glenn Alperin