Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:36:40 -0700
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:05:47 -0500, David Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Can we send in a SINGLE subscribe command that would subscribe a customer to their choosen lists?
>
>Can the customer receive a SINGLE confirmation note that would confirm them to all of the lists they asked for?

You cannot do this via WWW access. It will require the script behind your
website signup page (i.e. NOT the LISTSERV WWW interface) to generate an email
of this format:

From:  [log in to unmask]     (the subscriber's email address)
To:    [log in to unmask]

(the message body follows)

OK BEGIN
SUB LISTNAME01 Fred Jones   (example user Full Name)
SUB LISTNAME02 Fred Jones              "
SUB LISTNAME47 Fred Jones              "
OK END

The [log in to unmask] address will receive 1 confirmation for all lists in
that message.  If they confirm, all subscription actions will occur.  If they
do not confirm, then one 'expiration' notice will be received after 48 hours.

Note that if any of the lists in question are configured as

 Subscription= Open, Confirm

then no further confirmations to join each list will be necessary.  If any
list(s) are configured as

 Subscription= By_Owner
or
 Subscription= By_Owner, Confirm

then the user may need to respond to further email in the form of a
questionnaire (if any) or otherwise wait for final approval by the (human)
List Owner for that(those) list(s).  If a list is configured as

 Subscription= closed

then subscription to that list is not possible and a rejection notice will be
received.  If there are multiple combinations of any of the above, then some
combination of multiple messages to the user will occur.