Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:04:00 -0400
I had several lists gated to newsgroups, both one-way and two-way.  All
(gateways) are long gone.

The Listserv digest and related options serve most quite well.  Mail client
filtering is available for virtually everyone now.  That, larger mailboxes
and newsgroups going out of favor (at least in my world) make it a non-issue
now.  I know of at least one online forum that is gated to/from a mailing
list: see http://backupcentral.com/

Cheers, Wayne