Cal Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 06:57:42 -0500
Hi -

This is something i reported to LSOFT months ago and they have been looking
into, but was wondering in the meantime if anyone else has experienced this
and perhaps may know of a fix.

We use the Windows version of Listserv 14.5 and now 15 and we have come
across a bug where when a person is replying to a mesage using OUTLOOK
2003, the message that gets sent out ends up being blank.

It seems to happen when OUTLOOK has the default out of the box settings to
compose e-mail using HTML with MS word as the default editor. I dont
condone using these settings but that is how it comes when you first install
Outlook and if you dont tweak the settings, and many folks do not.

Anyway, when you reply to a mesage with this set up, the end message gets
sent out blank. The subject line appears in the email but all the end user sees
is a blank message. After looking at the source code, it seems Outlook inserts
some funky HTML that I am guessing LISTSERV is getting hung up on.
Everything works fine as text only but most of our users that use OUtlook
compose in HTML with these settings so this is a huge problem for us.

As I stated, LSOFT has confirmed with our testing with them that is it in fact
happening  but has not yet been resolved. Anyone else experience this or
have any ideas what may be happening?

Need a fix soon I hope.

Thanks
Cal