Janis Roihl <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 19:52:56 -0800
Ben  - Thanks for this answer.

> This is not a valid address.  the mvasc.enet.urbe.it part on the left is
> really a domain name in Italy.  the GW.URBE.IT is probably the 'real'
> domain name, and is also the same host.  What you lack is the userID
> portion of the address that is normally found LEFT of the @ symbol.

Maybe a new user?  I didn't know if this was a way to use aliases or be
unidentified or something fancy I'm not aware of.

I approve members to my list and this came in the usual form from
listserv.  Wouldn't that mean it is the address the person used to try to
subscribe or can that be mistaken by listserv?

Wed, 22 Jan 1997 08:42:10

A  request for  subscription  to the  mylist-L list      has    been
received  from  "Jose    A.  Riestra" <[log in to unmask]>.

You   can,  at   your   discretion,  send   the   following  command   to
[log in to unmask] to add this person to the list:

       ADD mylist-L [log in to unmask] Jose A. Riestra

PS: In  order to  facilitate the  task, this  message has  been specially
formatted   so   that   you   only   need   to   forward   it   back   to
[log in to unmask]  and  fill in  the  password  to have  the  command
executed. Note that while the formats produced by the forwarding function
of most mail  packages are supported,

> You need to look further in the error message headers for a different
> userID portion of the address.

It arrived in a subscription request from litserv not an error message.
I got an error message when I tried to post to the address.

Any other light you can shed is appreciated.

Janis