Stanley Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:56:12 -0500
On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Nathan Brindle wrote:
> If we were to tighten up the filter there would probably be as many
> complaints asking us to loosen it up as there are now asking us to
> tighten it up :)

Perhaps a keyword can be built into a future version of Listserv that
allows a list's owner to set the level of protection that Listserv
provides for filtering out keywords from list postings. For example, the
default for "Commnd-Ignore" would be the same level of protection that's
done now, but "Commnd-Ignore= Strong" would ask for confirmation of all
messages that have any of the keywords in them.

While I am discussing "wish list" items, another feature I would love to
see added to Listserv is the ability to do "Multiple-Header= Ignore" which
would cause a list that's so coded to process ONLY the first header of any
message that's forwarded to a list and ignore any additional headers that
might appear in the message. This way, anyone who forwards someone else's
message to Listserv would not get a bounced message back if the person
forwarding the msg fails to delete the header of the original message from
body of the forwarded message.

Oh well, back to work for me!