Robert Ponterio <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:53:39 -0400
>Yes, your mail software is not wrapping your text. What it sends is
>one long line, unless you physically press the enter key.
>
>Some mail clients will wrap that automatically when they receive it,
>others like Pegasus which I use, give the user the option to wrap
>long lines. I find it annoying because I have to keep switching
>between wrapping and not wrapping, depending on the sender's mail
>program :-( I guess Netscape doesn't even do that much.
>
>The solution if you want to please everyone is to type hard returns,
>unless your mail software has an option to put them in automatically
>that you can set.

Eudora light 3.0 has a check box under Tools / Options / Sending Mail...
for for "Word wrap."  I would not be surprised to find that this will
fix the problem.

Robert Ponterio                  | [log in to unmask]
co-manager of FLTEACH            | State Univ. of New York Cortland
Foreign Language Teaching Forum  |
http://www.cortland.edu/flteach/ | http://snycorva.cortland.edu/~ponterior/