Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:51:49 -0400
The most common reason for this is that somebody has thier yorku address
forwarded to the msn address,  and has cancelled (or msn screwed up) the
account.

You could start out sending:

    Scan gradphil steve

to your listserv.

On: Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 10:20:41AM -0400,M. A. Gilbert Wrote:

} Greetings. I'm a new list member, and have been lurking for a bit. I
} own about 16 lists, ranging from one of about 250 members, to several
} quite smaller. I am the Computer Coordinator for the Department of
} Philosophy of York University, so I run the dept lists. Most of the
} department lists are private and composed of different groups, e.g.,
} the graduate faculty, or undergraduate instructors, etc.
}
} My question is this. I periodically receive a notice that there is an
} error on an account that is not and, to the best of my knowledge, has
} never been on the list. There are two concerns: security of the list,
} and the annoyance of the error messages.
}
} Can anyone help?  The message is below. It is for [log in to unmask],
} and came as: GRADPHIL: Daily error monitoring report
}
} Thanks,
} Michael
}
} The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:
}
} Err First Last  Address
}                 Last error: User unknown
}
} Err=   Number of delivery errors received thus far
} First= Date first delivery error was received (mm/dd)
} Last=  Date of most current delivery error (mm/dd)

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507