"Matthew Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 11:49:33 EST
On Wed, 10 Feb 1993 16:16:13 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>On Wed, 10 Feb 1993 09:47:34 EST Matthew Simpson <054340@UOTTAWA> said:
>
>>Just some  thoughts. What thoughts  do the  list owners here  have about
>>these issues?
>
>I don't  get my technical information  out of Time magazine,  and I avoid
>making statements about things I don't  know or understand. Maybe if this
>were  a more  widespread  practice there  would  be less  self-fulfilling
>prophecies and less flocks of lemmings running wildly around and changing
>direction all of a sudden without any rational cause.
>
>  Eric

I have recently been notified that this topic is a very sensitive one.
It was not my intention to start a flame war.  Honestly, I, and my lists,
are engaged in the BITNET/INTERNET shuffle.  So, I wanted to solicit
a discussion from others who find themselves in similar positions.
No offense intended.  My appologies.

 | _  l  _  * Matthew Simpson          * BITNET:                      |
 |  \_l_/   * School of Psychology     * [log in to unmask]        |
 |    l     * 145 Jean Jacques Lussier * INTERNET:                    |
 |    l     * Ottawa, Ontario K1N 8P5  * [log in to unmask]    |