Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Apr 1993 00:34:13 +0200
On  Fri, 2  Apr 1993  16:02:18 CST  Diane Oerly  <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Following last night's forced update to version 1.7F of LISTSERV,
                        ^^^^^^

I can't believe this. LISTSERV's installation guide explicitly recommends
that  a  local  password  be   defined  in  order  to  prevent  automatic
installation while no  human being is around to oversee  the process. You
chose not to  follow these instructions, and now have  the nerve to blame
me for your carelessness.

This topic has  been brought up at  least a dozen time on  this and other
lists. There are a whole slate of MIZZOU1 subscribers on this list. But I
guess that's not good enough? Maybe I should have dropped by in person to
make sure  you got the  message and spare  you the embarrassment?  At any
rate, I refer you to the archives for more information.

And, by the  way, the change is  not due to your "forced"  update, but to
the fact that  OTHERS have updated to 1.7f. Your  server continues to run
its lists as  before. Other servers with Netdata-capable  mailers now run
them in safe mode.

  Eric