John Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:42:22 -0400

> Sort of, except all templates you've modified should go in the same
file:

> PUT listname MAILTPLE PW=xxxxxx
> .QQ
> .QQ
> [your text here]
> [any other templates you've modified]

Thanks! That's very helpul!

> >What about disabling the generic Farewell message?
>
> I am not sure what message you are referring to.  Can you quote it?

When the listowner (me) deletes a name, the following msg is sent:

Subj: Your removal from the PHARMA-MKTING list

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:28:52

You  have   been  removed   from  the  PHARMA-MKTING   list
(Interactive
Pharmaceutical    Marketing    Discussion    Group)    by    John
Mack

Although I have successfully PUT a customized FAREWELL message (which
directs people to a survey or a chance to change their options instaed
of actually leaving the list), it does NOT get sent out when I delete
names manually, only when the subscriber him/herself unsusbcribes
using the SIGNOFF command.  What I want is to have the listserv send
my customized message when I delete names manually. I don't care if it
sends 2 messages - the one above PLUS my message. I am curious why it
treats the 2 methods of removal differently.

John