Thu, 6 Oct 1994 00:42:03 -0500
On Thu, 6 Oct 1994, Roger Fajman wrote:
> Well, it wouldn't be a complete solution to this problem, but it sure
> would be a help to me in such situations to have a command for list
> owners and postmasters to change the host name in one or more
> subscriptions.  For example,
>
>    RENAME listname user1@host1 user2@host2
>
>    RENAME listname *@host1 *@host2
>
> All the users' options would be preserved.  Of course, the listname
> could be * too for LISTSERV postmasters.

I can't really see too much benefit from the first example, but that
second, to take care of all subs at one node, might be very nice.
Of course, the way some systems play musical hosts, one would have to
be careful in using it.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner