Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 May 2007 10:22:38 -0400
On: Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:55:49PM -0500,Winship Wrote:

} I wrote:
} > I have wondered just how long it would take to do this, what the average
} > time per month of weekly logs would be.  If I've time, maybe I'll try it
} > for three months of weekly logs and see how long it takes.
}
} Out of curiosity, I tried this.  To get, via email, three months of weekly
} logs, one at a time, took me six minutes and fortyseven seconds, to prepare
} and send the commands (15 commands).  But, to send all the commands in one
} email took two minutes and thirtytwo seconds for the same fifteen commands.
} I them with a stopwatch.
}
} Looks like it wouldn't take nearly as long as I originally thought to GET
} all the weekly logs for ten years of archives.

The facilities I have makes it quite simple.  I have a real text editor
that is programmable with rex macros and read mail on a unix system with
a text based mailer.  I request a years worth of archives at a time, d/l
the HUGE file to my PC and run a Kedit macro that breaks it up and zips
the individual weekly or monthly logs into an archives directory.

Takes a few mins to update last years saved request and send it,
(c/2005/2006/) and another few mins to d/l the file and break it up.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67