Lisa Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 11:00:26 -0500
No-I wasn't offended, because I chose not to be.  If I had been more
informative in my first post, the questions wouldn't have arisen...but
because my intentions were honorable, I didn't think of the possibilities
that some nefarious person might using the list for their own ends. Thank
goodness, the net has guardians such as you to protect it from evil.

This whole thing has gotten totally blown out of proportion. While I
appreciate the support that has been given on my behalf I am perfectly
capable of hitting the delete button on my own....which usually is the best
way to handle such behavior.  However, if needed I am capable of being just
as questioning. For example--If you don't have enough access to the web to
download the manuals for Listserv, how can you be a guardian of the net? Do
we even need such guardians?  I don't think so.

It must be dreary to live in your world.  Not everyone is out to spam the
net. And, I don't think Listserv is forgetting the old ways by providing a
new GUI interface.  They are just catching up to the 20th century.  The
majority of the web-using public prefers a quick, easy interface because
they have better things to do with their time than sit around and figure out
the correct, outdated syntax needed to access some of the more complicated
commands that Listserv requires. It's called good business sense. Not
everyone still lives in a DOS, Lynx-based based world.

So-please don't feel that you need to fight a duel because of me, because I
don't feel my honor was sullied.  I know my intentions were of the highest
caliber, so I didn't mind a few questions.  I hope that this ends the matter
once and for all.

Lisa