Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 04:23:43 GMT
On Thu, 7 Nov 1996 22:23:26 -0500 (EST), Fred Atkinson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>       Well, I don't understand why you would want a subscriber to be on the
>'nomail' option.  If he wants to stop receiving mail, let him sign off.

NOMAIL is intended for brief, temporary pauses in getting list mail, the
most common of which is being out of the office for a few days (for
vacation, a meeting, whatever)  The overhead of unsubing and resubbing.
especially if subscription is by_owner is much greater than letting the
member set themselves NOMAIL.

>       When you are paying for your list by the number of subscribers, it is
>foolish to want to have thirty people on 'nomail' option while you pay for

Oh.  Well, then you can delete them and you should do so.  If they ask
why, you can tell them they were set to NOMAIL for too long.

If you are doing your job as owner, you should be monitoring this.  If
your users aren't paying to read your list, then maybe you should wonder
why they are on NOMAIL for so long.  Maybe they really aren't interested,
or maybe the list isn't very exciting.  If they are paying for the list,
then it isn't your problem.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]