Michael Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 10:10:42 -0800
When my list receives a "RCPT: Message read" message, it gets sent to me.
I have been assuming that the email address in the "from" line is the
address that is generating the receipt confirmation.  Usually, I'll send
off a semi-nasty note telling them to turn off said function or be
deleted from the list.  Much (?most?) of the time, I get a response to
the effect of "I don't know what you're talking about; it *is* off."

Am I correct in assuming that the address in the "From:" line is where
the message is being generated?  What means of dealing with this error
have you-all devised?

--Mike Andersson
        SWEDE-L