Bo Kleve <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 19:56:29 +0100
Hello all,

I need to have a couple of listmembers, who will get their messages via a
fax service on Sunet. The problem is that the fax-server is returning
status messages on delivery. I will make the list Send=Private which will
at least not make a mail loop. But as a postmaster I think it is uncouth to
just let an error message bounce back to the fax-manager. So I thought I
should test how a filter would look. And  sure enough no message was
returned when I set a test Id as filtered, but I got a message sent to me
as owner that said:

 The enclosed message, found in the BOK-TEST mailbox and shown under the spool
 ID 6999 in the  system log, has been identified as  a possible delivery error
 notice for the following reason: mail  origin is listed in the "Filter=" list
 header keyword (or its default value for the BOK-TEST list).

Is this what will happen for every message that is received to the list
from the filtered address or have I set something up wrong? Might there be
a better way to do this?

/BoK

Bo Kleve                Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Linkoping University    Phone: +46 13 281761
Sweden                  Fax:   +46 13 281867