Jan Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:47:30 -0500
Since we started this thread, I have *tried* to set up a FBL......

And it was denied.
"Your web request has been denied because you do not appear to be the owner
of the IP address(es) in your request.  "

And there was a phone number which I called.

According to that person I cannot set up a feedback loop unless I am the
owner of the IP address.  Since Lsoft hosts our list, Lsoft would have
to request it, AND the info would only be sent to LSoft.  I tried to
explain to her the futility of AOL sending error message after error
message telling me to setup a FBL and then not allowing me to do it.

This person kept asking me to "send her the message that was rejected".
It took *forever* for me to get her to fully comprehend that I have no
way to know which message was rejected, or why it was rejected other
than their generic response.   She kept asking for me to just send the
contents of the message with no personal identifying info in it for her
to "test".   Again, there seems to be a lack of understanding .........

She also asked me to send a test message to the 800 people on the list
and let her know if it bouced.  Again, I tried to explain that I have no
way to know which message bounces.  I do not get a date or time stamp on
the bounced message.

She wanted me to go back and cut out the content of ALL of the days
messages (which she promised NOT to read :-( ) and send it to her to
test.  I tried to explain that this is not a practical or possible
solution.

I already had the auto-delete function turned to manual.  And as I
understand it, nobody then actually gets deleted because of bounces
unless I delete them personally.  But I have now turned it off
completely.   So far nothing has changed.

Thanks for the input and assistance.

Jan Guthrie - OES-L