Greg Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Mar 1992 08:29:25 EST
On Thu, 26 Mar 1992 14:06:46 EST Crovo, Bob said:
>How long do list owners generally keep the list archives?  Who is
>in charge of the files at your sites.  Here owners tend not to
>pay much attention to list archives.  Our Listserv maintainer
>logs on and deletes files arbitrarily every once in a while.

Here at Virginia Tech. we make each owner of a list pay for the disk space
their list archives occupies.  So depending on the size of their archive
files and their budget it is up to each individual owner how long (how
much) to keep the archives.  Incidentally, except for an occasional problem
with a disk full, this arrangement works out nicely [saves me having to
worry about a public archive disk :-) ].

--Greg Kroll