Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:10:06 -0600
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Tom Rawson wrote:
> > Please supply your full name, as  in "SUBSCRIBE  GUATEMALA-ADOPT Joe
> > H. Smith".  Alternatively, if  you  want to  subscribe  anonymously,
> > send the command: "SUBSCRIBE GUATEMALA-ADOPT Anonymous". Your
> > subscription will then be hidden automatically.
>
> We most certainly do NOT want our subscribers who send an invalid name
> to get this suggestion of an "anonymous" subscription -- but I can't
> find the template for it.  Can someone point me to it?

I wholeheartedly agree with you about the "canned" LISTSERV messages
saying things you don't want said (by the way, is there a keyword to
put in the list header to automatically reject "anonymous" subs?).
Offhand, I don't know which template that might be (might be "hardwired",
unchangeable).  What I do, if I can't immediately figure out which
template it might be, and sometimes the names are less than intuitive,
is get the default.mailtpl from the host site -- presumably you know what
is in your listname.mailtpl -- and give it a scan for the offending
wordage.  Generally works if there is a modifiable .mailtpl but, of
course, doesn't if it is hardwired.        Douglas