Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 22:53:53 EDT
On Thu, 18 Apr 1996 22:28:27 -0400 LettProctor said:
>        Please help!  Frequently I get an undeliverable mail error message
>for a subscriber's address because the subscriber's mailbox is full.  I have
>attempted to delete the subscriber from my list, but apparently my attempts
>have been unsuccessful, (perhaps because the mailbox was full and the "You
>have been unsubscribed" message couldn't be delivered)

  The full mailbox should have nothing to do with your success or lack
of it in deleting the subscriber (or making any other change to the
subscriber's status).  I do it daily and the "You have been unsubscribed"
or "You have been set to DIGEST" or whatever message just bounces like
all the listmail sent to that address.  The change in status occurs
regardless of whether the subscriber can receive the notification.

   How are you trying to make the deletion?  The formula is:
     del <listname> <[log in to unmask]>
   This can be sent as the body of an email message to LISTSERV@NODE
   or as part of an interactive command on a VM/CMS system:
      tell listserv del autocat [log in to unmask]

    Judith Hopkins
       Listowner of Autocat     [log in to unmask]