Geoff Tabbron <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:35:02 -0000

A trick I often use is to use a text editor to search and replace a
certain unique part of each line to include a tab character before or
after it, e.g. in your case, replace '> ' with '>\t', then copy and
paste/import the resultant text into a spreadsheet.  The tabs act as
column delimiters, so the e-mail addresses will be in one column and
the names in another one.  You can then rearrange the columns to suit
(you can even add extra columns, e.g. if you need to enclose data in
certain characters).

You can then export/copy and paste the data from the spreadsheet back
into a text editor and remove the tabs to end up with a text file in
the format you require.

(I use this trick for other things, such as splitting e-mail addresses
into user and domain parts, so you can sort on domain to group
subscribers together)

Not particularly elegant, but making use of the tools (and knowledge)
available to me!
--
Geoff Tabbron, Electronic Information Manager, Education UK Marketing
British Council, Bridgewater House, 58 Whitworth St, Manchester M1 6BB

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it.The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and to increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements. The British Council is registered in England as a charity.