Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:09:28 -0600
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:04:29 -0400, Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Earthlink support is
>telling him that apple is blocking connections from the earthlink smtp
>servers.

Most people on this list won't know that that you mean
"apple.ease.lsoft.com" when you just say "apple".  ;-)

We seldom block any incoming SMTP from anywhere.  On the rare occasions we
do, it is only for a short time and as a response to a DOS (denial of
service) type of attack.  The last time I can recall we did this was about
18 months ago.  AFAIK no such block is currently in place.

Since later messages in this chain indicate a problem of some sort with DNS
lookup at the Earthlink end that could not have anything to do with SMTP
blockage at our end since the SMTP block (which does not exist anyway) could
not begin until a successful DNS lookup (by Earthlink) and SMTP connection
attempt occurs.