John B Harlan <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Mar 1993 16:09:08 -0500
     In addition to LstOwn-L itself, the following lists hosted on
[log in to unmask] are in need of new LISTSERV host homes:

     EC        European Community
     Russia    Russia & her neighbors
     SCS-L     soc.culture.soviet via LISTSERV
                 bidirectionally gatewayed to the Usenet newsgroup
     TPS-L     talk.politics.soviet via LISTSERV
                 bidirectionally gatewayed to the Usenet newsgroup
     Ukraine   Ukraine
     UN        United Nations

These are all fairly active lists which (except for SCS-L and TPS-L) are
archived.  There are additional items on the Russia Filelist, but they
will be significantly reduced prior to any transfer.

     I can recommend the EC, Russia, Ukraine and UN lists strongly as
fora that make a solid contribution to network information dissemination
and exchange (albeit not without occasional emotion).  As for SCS-L and
TPS-L, I introduced them and have continued them solely as a service to
those netters without UseNet newsgroup access;  the s.c.s and t.p.s
newsgroups are notorious for their high noise, low signal ratios.  I have
limited my involvement with those lists to resolution of error messages.

     I trust some kind soul(s) out there will take pity on the many
subscribers to these lists, and offer them a new home -- they are
appreciated lists.

     Looking forward to hearing from you,

                                              John

P.S. Please send me private e-mail at [log in to unmask]