Sue Paduano <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 16:37:17 -0500

> You don't say why you are using telnet: couldn't you do the stuff from the
> site you are using to telenet from?

I don't have cut, paste or copy from the site yet, that I am using telnet
on.  That's the best way I can explain this.
I can use the forward command and have sone that, now that I understand
much better of how these commmands are to be set up.

> However, with Pine I would:
> GET listname (HEAD NOL PW=XXXXXXXX
>
> When it arrives, *forward* it back to the listserv after taking out all the
> forward garbage and adding your  password in the appropriate place.
> You might think about using a personal password rather than a list
> password.  I never use the list passwords, just personal.

Thank you.

> I can't say I've ever had any problem cutting and pasting, within the
> limitations of Pine, on accounts I telnet to where Pine is available,
> do it every day.  If it's a problem, you could probably use Elm instead.
> What version of Pine is the place running?

3.91 and I trust it much better than elm, so I'm going to stick with it.

> > 2.  The list owners manual explains how to subscribe people, but I couldn't
> > find anything on how to unsubscribe people.  Any help is appreciated.
> > How can I unsubscribe people?
>
> DELETE listname USERID@NODE
>
> Douglas
Thank you Doug.   This helps me a whole lot.

Sue