Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 14:22:22 EST
 Section 8.6 of the List Owners manual for 1.8b states that to
 remove a file from a file list that one first deletes the file,
 then deletes the entry from the filelist and finally puts the
 filelist back on the server

 We are currently on VM running 1.8b, so I did:

 lsvput filename (delete

 and was notified that the file had been deleted.

 I then retrieved the filelist via:

  tell listserv get listname filelist (ctl

 and deleted the entry for that file.  I then
 restored the filelist with:

 lsvput listname filelist (put

 and receive an error that the first file in the list has now
 been deleted, put rejected.

 So how does one remove the entry in a filelist for a deleted
 file?

 Many thanks,
 Jim Cocks  -- University of Louisville