Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 01:03:03 -0700
Peter Weiss commented:
> WRT BLUES-L and LISTSERV:
>
> 1) I don't recall how LISTSERG treats multiple
>    * ERRORS-TO: keywords

It does concatenate like Owner= ...

To those who suggested I added myself to the errors-to=, I did 8-{ !
So far nearly 2000+ "BLUES-L : Error report from ..."
Including a few 100s from LISTSERV itself.

The previous owner did nothing with Peter at Brown, as some suggested,
but *he had the bounce errors FILTERED OUT BY HIS ISP!!!*

BTW Nathan: Auto-delete= is said to be defaulted to
Yes,Semi-auto,Delay(4),Max(100) in 4.6 (p22 in WP) and to
Yes,Delay(4),Max(100) at the of Appendix B...

What exactly does Semi-Auto ?
Do I have to manually delete the unrecoverable error from this ?
Would I be better off letting the list to full-auto for a while ? Will
full-auto only take care of error notifications stating:
<net-address> (transient)
<net-address> (unrecoverable error)
What about any error using the 550/552/554 type of error codes
Asking for a one shot confirm with a week delay ?
Wipe out the list and ask everyone to re-sub ?

Peter:
For Spam avoidance the list is going private on Oct. 15th (yep! we even
tool a vote on that 'cuz of the Netgate). Is there any use to put the
list self moderated with a Editor=me,(BLUES-L) orSend=Private is enough
?

I am sorry for the lack of clarity but my eyes are still cross-sided
from the 1000*S* of errors notifications. And I must do that twice a day
or my PC's 10MB of free space won't let me download ... I think I am
beginning to get pissed at the previous owner ... (One bounce stated an
address I confirmed to be 2+ years old from a very active user).

Sorry to bother you but as you say in English I'm swamped !!!

P.S. Do you VM and CMS experts think that Peter will cut the list if I
just delete the errors-to= and errors go the Postmaster who is the CMS
maintainer at Brown ? ;-) I won't, but I wish I did ...
--
Eric Paul-Hus, BLUES-L soon to be renamed BOUNCES-L !!!