Dan Frezza <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 May 1998 07:41:07 -0400
Dear Listowners,

        This is the first time I have ever received this monitoring report this
morning with so many names.  Usually I get one or two, sometimes per week,
but this morning, I received this report with over 135 subscribers included,
including my own at the bottom.  I've noticed everyone else had 3 errs, but I
had 2.

Can someone please tell me what does this mean?  Was there a breakdown in the
net somewhere or at "american.edu" where the list is kept?

Thanks,

Dan Frezza, SFO

From:             "L-Soft list server at AMERICAN.EDU (1.8c)"
Subject:               ASSISI-L: Daily error monitoring report
To:               [log in to unmask]

The following 135 subscribers are currently being monitored:

Err First Last  Address
--- ----- ----- -------
                Last error: 550 <[log in to unmask]>... Relaying Denied
.
.
.

                Last error: 550 <[log in to unmask]>... Relaying Denied

Err=   Number of delivery errors received thus far
First= Date first delivery error was received (mm/dd)
Last=  Date of most current delivery error (mm/dd)

Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery errors
have been  reported for a  period of  4 days or  more, or when  100 delivery
errors have  been received,  whichever occurs  first. Monitoring  will cease
after 5 days without any reported error.

Note: manually deleted subscribers may remain on the monitoring report under
an alias address. Such entries will expire eventually; you do not need to do
anything about them.