Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 08:22:25 -0500
> Consider "daily-threshold" to relate to your subscribers'
> threshold of "pain."  Relate it to your host site's

Pain of what kind?  I would say that a daily-threshold set too low
would cause pain to subscribers in that there would be times when
the mail sits there doing nothing, awaiting attention of the listowner
to free the list.  If you mean that some subscribers find it painful
to have more mail than the threshold allows, I don't see how the
setting would help.  It's not as if the extra mail vanishes.  It
would spew out as soon as the list is freed, resulting in a much
messier situation (imho, of course) than if it had been distributed
on time.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])