Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:45:47 -0400
My apologies if this is the wrong place to send this query, but since I'm
not a student at the university that hosts my list, I can't  ask  the
question of them.

My question is, why does catalist report different numbers of subscribers
for the same list at the machine name and domain name? I get:

[log in to unmask] [Web archives available]
Post-Yugoslav discussion list (69 subscribers)

[log in to unmask] [Web archives available]
Post-Yugoslav discussion list (67 subscribers)

I notice  that with other lists, the difference can be in the other direction.

tia for any insight  -  ed