Anthea Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Jun 1994 15:54:13 EDT
On Sat, 18 Jun 1994 21:48:30 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>The messages are not discarded, of course - I'd get skinned if they were!
>They  just pile  up and  don't  get delivered.  When you  issue the  FREE
>command, they are processed. That is,  there's no way you could tell your
>subscribers that  "the system" automatically eliminates  excess messages,
>and there's nothing you can do about it :-)

Actually, I wasn't thinking of blaming the system for the "lost" messages.  I
was planning to take responsibility and say that I had instructed LISTSERV
to accept and process X messages a day and beyond that - tough!

Another question, Eric: When the freed messages roll out, are they counted
as part of the following day's 50 or are they "bonus" points and the next day
starts with a clean slate of 0?  And supposing you don't free the message
one day, does it stay held the next day and so on, indefinitely, until you
think to free it?

Peace (I wish!)
Anthea