Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 May 1998 00:36:11 -0400
** Sometime around 23:29 -0400 5/26/98, Dan Wheeler sent everyone:

>As I have said before, I need a LISTSERV option to exclude attachments from
>a list.  I want messages with attachments blocked from the list and the
>sender of the message notified that the message was rejected.

I've been able to do exactly that (quite easily) with Lyris, but never
found a way to block *all* attachments with LISTSERV (short of writing
an exit app). However, you can set a pretty tight line limit in the list
header, which will eliminate all but the very smallest attachments. Not
perfect, but often sufficient.

Vince Sabio            Boy & His Sabre: <http://www.insane.net/tsc/Vince/>
[log in to unmask]            Stop Internet Spam! <http://www.cauce.org/>

   Ted Kaczinsky meant well -- he just needed a better target list.