Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 15:47:17 GMT
On Sat, 13 Sep 1997 07:38:01 -0400, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I want to send a probe immediately after subscribing them. Another
>idea is to batch add the subscribers, but make them respond with the OK
>confirmation before they get added. Can this be done?

Couple of ideas come to mind.

Batch add everybody then force a renewal of everybody for the next day
(* Renewal= 97/09/14,etc)  Let LISTSERV handle the errors.  If you just
want to probe the addresses and not require a confirm on them,, just add
PROBE to the end of Renewal= line and they will only get a probe which does
not require a response, instead of the OK-confirm-renew which does.

or use your list and send out a Distribute job with a request to confirm.

Or do a 'status-kick':

QUIET SET listname NOMAIL FOR *@*
SET listname MAIL FOR *@*

(This will send out a status msg to everyone, wait & see what bounces)

You might reset Auto-delete down to only 1-2 errors, before you do any of
these, then restore to something less stringent later.

 Ben Parker .....(Oak Park IL -> Denver CO) ..... [log in to unmask]