Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 08:31:35 -0400
Though five years old (LISTSERV(R) and BitNET have certainly "changed"),
you might want to view the RFC

http://info.internet.isi.edu:80/in-notes/rfc/files/rfc1429.txt

|Can someone give me a simple definition of listproc, majordomo, and
|procmail so that I can tell the differences among them?
|
|I had thot they were synoynyms.. No practical use, just curious.

For MLM (Mail List Managers intro, of which LISTSERV(R) is one particular
(best of class) product), see:

http://www.webcom.com/impulse/list.html#Resources
http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/ifla/I/training/listserv/lists.htm

Basic command syntax for various MLMs:

http://www.delphi.com/navnet/faq/listsub.html
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA