Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 14:16:48 EST
On Mon, 28 Feb 1994 11:37:42 CST Wendy Plotkin said:
>I am trying to subscribe to Ldbase-L, and cannot seem to get beyond
>the confirmation process.
>
>I have sent the confirmation message with only "ok" and with "ok"
>followed by the number I was told to give.

I get this kind of mail at least 3-5 times a week.  The problem is almost
always due to a difference between the sender's Internet and BITNET address
and their method of sending/replying to mail.  Here is my 'canned' response:

Try this, I'm told this works almost all the time:

1) e-mail your 'sub' request to listserv
2) when you get the request to confirm:
   e-mail your 'ok' command to listserv
   *do not* use 'reply'