Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:43:15 -0500
On 10 Mar 00, at 14:03, Gregory Juster wrote:

> I also tried with a hardcoded list only with my email like so :
> //TO DD *
> [log in to unmask] Gregory Juster
> /*
> This should work, no? It doesn't!

Not quite. Try this:
---------------------------------- cut here ------------------------------------------
//test JOB
DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE [log in to unmask] PW=xxxxx
//TO DD *
*XDFN Name="Gregory Juster"
/*
//DATA DD *
Date: &*date;
From: Intertops Campaign ([log in to unmask])
Subject: My Subject
To: &*TO;

Hello &*name;
---------------------------cut here -------------------------------------------------

Also make sure that you have a blank line between the mail
headers and the mail body (your example did not have one).

> I tried again putting the distribute keyword on a different line and I'm
> still having the error :
>
> Job "CAMPAIGN-001" started on 10 Mar 2000 12:41:13
>
> > DISTRIBUTE MAIL-MERGE DBMS=ODBC [log in to unmask]
> Error X'0100003B' loading recipient data from DBMS.

This is actually a good sign because it means that here it is
actually trying to get the data from the database (whereas before it
wasn't even doing that much -- not surprising since there was no
DISTRIBUTE command for it to work with)

The LISTSERV log file should have extra information about the error
getting data from the database. What does the log file say? Also,
what are the DBMS-related parameters set to in site.cfg? And how
did you define the ODBC connection?

Francoise