Daniel Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:05:45 GMT
Internet Producer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>We would like to know how other companies deal and have dealt with this
>problem. Do we have to look into each and every error message?

Yes.  That's why they're generated.  LISTSERV will automatically process
only certain specifically-formatted error messages.  You'll have to
handle the rest manually.

You probably have a lot of invalid E-mail addresses on your list.  You
should dedicate someone full time for a few days or a week to weed
through the messages and remove the invalid E-mail addresses.  Once you
do that, the number of error messages you receive should drop
considerably.  I own two lists with a total of about 700 subscribers.  I
get one or two error messages a day.  Extrapolating these numbers, you
should expect to process from 5-10 messages manually per day.  The
traffic on my lists is light, though (20 messages/day), so these numbers
could be higher.

--
Daniel