"J. Lyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:41:56 -0500
On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Judith Hopkins wrote:

> I have a subscriber who is having problems getting messages and I can't
> figure out what is going wrong.   She prefers the Index option
>
> Below is the index she received about 3 weeks ago and for which she used
> Reply as the Index directed to get the items of interest which, in this
> case, consisted of all the items in the index.  At my request she copied
> her reply to me.  What she gets, however, is not any of the messages
> itemized in this index but copies of message 1099 which dates from 1991.

Can you forward her entire message? Does 1099 appear anywhere in it,
starting at the left margin?

We had a problem with a subscriber who couldn't order the index posts, and
the problem ended up having something to do with the way her e-mail
formatted. She made some adjustments and was fine.

We also had a subscriber who could order the index normally, but every
time he did, there was an extra, old post at the end of it--the same one
every time. In his case, it turned out that his automatic signature
included his address, which started at the left margin, and Listserv was
reading his house number as a post number.