Sun, 23 Nov 1997 17:36:41 -0500
For those of you who've been here for a while, you'll recall that my list,
[log in to unmask], has been subject to neglect by its current host.
It's a gated newsgroup/mailing list, with a gate to bit.listserv.lawsch-l.

I'm fed up with the current host's incompetence[1], and want to move the
list. Of course, a couple of questions surface:

1) I want to keep the newsgroup at bit.listserv.lawsch-l. Will a new host
be able to gate with with newsgroup? Will American have to reconfigure
something? (Which may entail me actually going to their campus with a
shotgun to make it happen)
2) What would be the proper fora to "advertise" for a new host?
3) Can anyone recommend either a public or commercial host that has the
resources to host this list/newsgroup gateway?

TIA,
Philo

[1] For those who have dealt with AU in the past, this is not a slam
against Jim McIntosh- he has left American. Things started going wrong when
he left.