Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:03:57 -0600
Pete Weiss wrote:
> I think I responded [on-list] within the last month to a related question.

Indeed you did, Pete, to a question of mine.  My sublist, for which I am
*not* using the Sub-list= keyword, was established by the site
administrator las week and I am currently working on listname.mailtpls,
waiting for a list of subscribers from the owner of the defunct majordomo
list (selfdestructed with an auto-replly loop) so I can do a bulk add of
the old subscribers (may have questions about that later, never done it),
etc.  Anyway, what you said, in answer to my question about things to watch
out for was:

1) editorially, don't use the term "subscribe" since it is NOT a
subscription, it's a sub-list[s]; subscription of lists to lists add more
LISTSERV anti-spam "gotchas"

2) if the poster to list B is a subscriber to sub-list A, it is possible
under some release of LISTSERV that they will not get their own message
even if they are in REPRO mode (this can be very disconcerting)

3) subscribers to sub-list A will "see" the mail distributed to list B as
originating from B i.e., they see nothing to indicate that the mail
involved sub-list A

4) only LISTSERV maintainers may add the list-definition keyword SUB-LISTS=

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]