Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:14:10 -0400
At 09:54 4/28/98 +0100, Lou Schwing said:
|I have several users who use the interface just this way.  Leaving their
|browsers open, they "reload" on occasion and get any new posts just like a
|newsreader.  This helps several who have restrictions on mail, either size
|- so the digest would be a problem, or number of private mails.  This way,
|they can stay current on the conversation, and avoid problems with their
|employers.

I'm subscribed to dozens of newsgroups.  When I press the icon to check
for new items, it checks all newsgroups.

Hard to do if using the WEB surfing into multiple lists at multiple
hosts.  Also doesn't scale (unless some sort of proxy WEB server).

/Pete