Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:01:51 +0100
Hi all,

1) I recently tried to send out a bulk mail to 6000 subscribers.  This
was an information email informing them of a new service.  When I did
the test mail, the mail went out as if it were from me and not the
listname. I sent this mail through Netscape mail, and i went into
Options then News and Mail preferences to change my name to the listname
(so it would look like it came from the list)  I only changed the, YOUR
NAME to the listname and left the YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS and REPLY ADDRESS
as my own.  This still did not work, so I changed all the fields but
then found that listserv would not talk to me so that I could confirm
the command.

2)  Some of our lists are for one way bulk mailing only, therefore we do
not want people to reply to the email.  When a person gets the email
there is a reply to field present.  Can this be switched off in
situations like this?  If it can't, how do I insert the email address to
reply to, is the parameter and keyword in the listheaders?  Could you
let me know which parameter it is.  And how do i set up an auto
responder so that the person will politly get told that they are not
supposed to send emails to the list.

Thankyou

Debs