Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:44:45 -0500
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> Is there a way to configure a list to reveal the specific address each
> copy of a message is sent to? I am in a situation where I happen to be
> getting email from one of the lists on my server, but I am not subscribed
> to the list. The person who actually manages this particular list is
> clueless. The list's header says nothing about which specific address the
> messages I am receiving were sent to. I suspect a subscriber on this
> particular list has forwarded his or her email to one of the addresses
> that I monitor. How can I get that information?
>
> Is my only option to force a probe on that list?

If you can view the full headers of the message sent to you, you should be
able to see the address used in the Received headers.

Look for the headers after (above) the one created by LISTSERV. For
instance, your message had this header that directed it my way:

        by resns1o.uscourts.gov (8.12.9/8.12.2) with ESMTP id i0L3UKNx002779
        for <[log in to unmask]>; Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:30:20 -0500 (EST)

-- DCP

--
Douglas Palmer              |
SystemsManager, USDC-EDNY   |