Song Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:55:01 -0500
At 4:21 AM -0500 2/6/96, Ben Parker wrote:
>LISTSERV(R) can do most of this for you.  Firstly, unless you are
>collecting money, there is no reason for prospective users to snail-mail
>you.  They should be instructed to email  LISTSERV@your_host
>with the one-line message:  SUBSCRIBE listname F_Name L_Name

Well, in my case, I have a list with specific guidelines for posting.
I.e., no personal attacks, etc.  We require people to send me an e-mail
that says "I've read the rules of the list and agree to abide by them"
before adding them to the list.  We've no guarantee that they will actually
do this, but at least this way if they get in trouble and say "oh.  I
didn't know it was against the rules" we get to ask them why they agreed to
rules which they didn't read.  If nothing else, it's entertaining :)

--Julie

--
[log in to unmask]           http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~julie/

"He didn't say that. He was reading what was given to him in a speech." --
Richard Darman, director of OMB, explaining why President Bush wasn't
following up on his campaign pledge that there would be no loss of wetlands.